Interests and Disinterests
Kind of an awkward title for a web page but it was better than saying Turn Ons & Turn Offs, so with that in mind, I think I made a pretty good choice.
As the name of it would suggest, this web page outlines and details what I am and am not interested in. This homepage of mine is litterally the fastest way to get to know me. I wont mind answering questions to anything here you didn't understand. However, pretty much, everything here I re-iterate on a daily basis. I would imagine I could at least cut down on repeating myself by writing this web page. Because, pretty much, everything here, I re-iterate on a daily basis.
In other words--if you're talking to me and don't quite know what's the story with me yet, read this...
What I am interested in:This list is not all-inclusive (and can never be for I have no idea what I'm completely not interested in until I have had contact with it). If you are offended by this list, I suggest you go some place safe from offensive material such as outer space. Many of my interests are listed in the Hobbies & Skills page; such as music, story writing, computers, photography and martial arts. This will generally list what I am into that has no particular story behind it.
Please note that sex never made it onto the list because I have classified it as a biological necessity of a non-fatal type and not a psycholgically introduced desire. Because of this fact, if you would like to know more about how I feel in this area, go ahead and . However, just to prevent some of you from wasting your time--I am heterosexual.
- GREAT music. A full, epic feel that surrounds you and makes your whole body tingle as you listen.
- Genres (stars indicate level of interest):
- Motion Picture Soundtrack Scores/Instrumentals (varies)
- Classic Rock ***
- Smooth Jazz **
- Heavy Metal **
- Dance/Pop *
- Classical (orchestral/symphony): **
- Radio Broadcasting and the history of it
- Sound Engineering (Recording/Mixing/Mastering)
- Learning Japanese (Listening/Reading/Writing/Speaking; Culture)
- Philosophy. No particular philosopher, really; I just like thinking about the mind.
- Really good food. (I cannot start the day without a full breakfast tray.)
- Anime/Hentai/Sentai shows/movies (Best damn Animation and Martial Arts I've ever seen.)
- Electronic Gadgets (incl. Radio Controlled toys)
- CTW produced programming for PBS and a variety of PBS's other programs as well.
- Driving Arcade Games
- Going dancing
What I Am Not interested in:Please do not bring any of these topics up, ask me about why I'm not interested in these things or even let me catch you talking about it in my presence! (Kidding, of course...) This here is a list of things I simply have no inspiration to become involved in. People have tried non-stop to make sure that is otherwise but guess what? People don't change. Experience and knowledge may add things onto your personality and perhaps even modify the way you behave as well as all of the influences that surround you like the people you live with or around. However--none of these factors can fundimentally change the core of you. If you are an evil person, there is no amount of rehabilitation that can "fix" you. Fortunately, not too many people out there fit that description. Most people do bad things because they're stupid, but, that's another thing I'm not interested in, so let's get on with this list.
- Doing anything that lands me in jail as quickly and easily as possible.
- Drugs (That includes glue/paint sniffing. If you do it, don't even think about talking to me.)
- Alcohol (There's just something about throwing up and having a killer headache the next day that just isn't my style.)
- Cigarettes/Cigars/Pipes (Keep that stinky $#|+ away from me.)
- Traditional Religions/Cults (The Watchtower Magazine you give to me will be happily fed to the paper shredder.)
- Gospal Music (I'll listen to that when I'm marching in that transexual nazi eskimo right's parade.)
- Prudish, Puritanical People (I like to avoid PP when I can.)
- Politics (Anybody who'd actually try and do something right would get assassinated anyway.)
- Talk Shows (It just goes to show you how screwed up the US is anytime these things are still on the air.)
- Sports (Except for the SuperBowl; it's more like a TV show.)
- Plotless Movies with Gratuitous Violence
- Musicals (There is just something too unrealistic to me about a group of people, say, waiting for a bus suddenly leaping out into the middle of traffic to sing a dorky song with lyrics describing what is going on. Leave it in the cartoons.)
- CRap Music/Hip Hop (Hollering obscenities over music SOMEBODY ELSE composed is the most revolting development of the '90s.)
- TV-Movies (NBC can't seem to get enough of victimized women.)
- Movies of the '60s and '70s nobody ever knew existed. (Late night TV truly sucks.)
- Public Radio (Who keeps giving these idiots money anyway??)
- Traditional Country Music
- Just about everything on UPN and The WB Television Networks (I'm sorry but Moo-ee-sh'uh and the Whine'in Brothers aren't my idea of genius comedy. Although Star Trek: Gilligan's Island is more of a comedy than a drama.)
- Children's Television Commercials. (They've just dropped the "It's Apart of Your Balanced Breakfast" and singled out the taste-factor.)
- Ordinary Television commercials. (If it's crude and disgusting, then it doesn't belong on my TV screen.)
- Warez. (Pirating software is why we have to pay hundreds of dollars that didn't even take an eighth of that to make.)
- Pre-teen Porn. (Gynmasts are one thing but six year old boys and girls is just...sick.)
Copyright © 1998
All Rights Reserved.